Photo Editing


Do I do it? Heck ya! The art of photo editing, and it is an art, enables the artist to put his/her personal stamp on the medium. It allows you not only fix red eye, lighting, color, or contrast, but affords the opportunity put an artistic spin on the image such as; boosting color vibrance to make bright colors pop, reducing vibrance to give a washed out antique look, adding textures to backgrounds, and transforming color images into black and whites.

I enjoy taking photographs. Miss J will be the first to tell you that and Gym Dad has given me the moniker Mamaratzi. As much as I love taking photographs, I enjoy editing them even more. I love to take the raw imagine SOOC (straight out of camera) and wave the magic Photoshop wand to take the photo to a whole new level.

Check out this image SOOC, taken last summer of Miss J



This image's color was enhanced



This is another color enhancement...I love the faded jeans look!



I added a texture to the background of this final image



Check out Pixel Perfect for more before and after photos!


Heather  – (February 4, 2010 at 2:02 PM)  

I love this photo! I love that you can tell she just cast out the line.
I like the second edit the best! :-)

Tiffany  – (February 4, 2010 at 2:04 PM)  

This is such a great shot - your timing was superb. I love all the edits. The last is my favorite, though! {grin}

Lisa  – (February 4, 2010 at 2:56 PM)  

I like textures! I can get lost in Photoshop for hours just on one image!

Pixel Perfect  – (February 4, 2010 at 7:26 PM)  

Because I heart old, antique looking photos the second is my favorite! Great job!!

Monica

Shannon K.  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:13 PM)  

Wish I had your knowledge with this stuff!

flat yeast bread  – (February 4, 2010 at 9:28 PM)  

Hi, I jst found you through Monica's blog hop. You are now on my follow list because my little two year old is CRAZY about 'mackins' (or 'gymnastics' to the rest of us).
I might hit you up with questions about different gyms, or just let her look at some of your pictures :)
Love (hate) your photos! What a mean picture to post in early February! They look great though.

Julie  – (February 4, 2010 at 11:51 PM)  

I'm loving the second one!! Beautiful!

KJ  – (February 5, 2010 at 7:58 AM)  

Thank you everyone for your kind words!

Loki,

Gymnastics questions? Ask away! I feel like we've been a part of it forever! Since Miss J was 2 1/2 anyway! And I think I picked the summer photo because I long for the warm weather again and wish I was at the lake!

Brandie  – (February 5, 2010 at 9:54 AM)  

That is a great shot and I love the cool editing! Very nice!

Jamie H  – (February 5, 2010 at 1:14 PM)  

I like the first edit because the color pop.

Ashley  – (February 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM)  

What a great shot to begin with! I like the antique-ness of the second one too.

S.I.F.  – (February 9, 2010 at 2:10 AM)  

The pictures are great, but I just had to say that this reminds me of when my dad taught me how to fish! Such great memories she will always have when she grows up! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP