Mad Baking Skills.....


.......or NOT! In fact, I am known for just the opposite....my BAD baking skills. Don't get me wrong. I can cook. I can cook circles around most people; I make up recipes on the fly, run the outdoor grill better than any guy, and am known to throw together a big Thanksgiving type feast for Sunday dinner.

Baking, however, is not my forte! There is something about all the measuring that throws me off. I'm more of a "that's close to a cup", or "that's about a tablespoon" type of cook. I like to eyeball my measurements and modify ingredients to suit my family's tastes. This style is not conducive to baking.

After many trials and much error, I've all but given up on baking. That was until I saw the recipe for Rainbow Cake on MckMama's blog. It seemed so simple I had to try it. Gym Dad laughed at me, Sister K laughed at me, but boy did I surprise them (well, ok, I surprised myself a little too!). If I don't say so myself, it turned out great!



Jami  – (February 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

Wow! That IS awesome! I am the exact opposite of you. I can bake anything, but I am hit or miss with the cooking.

flat yeast bread  – (February 18, 2010 at 1:00 PM)  

Wow, that looks great! I'm the opposite of you, I'm much, MUCH better at baking than cooking. I'm not, great at making my baked goods looks so good though.

Sonora  – (February 18, 2010 at 7:20 PM)  

Wow! I am really impressed. It is beautiful and it looks so yummy. Is it hard though? About how long do you think it took to make? I would love to try it but I don't have a lot of time.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP