Shivers at Three Rivers...


was the first gymnastics meet of the season. The Three River's gym is a cozy one, but a great place for the spectator. All of the action is close at hand.

My grandma joined us. It was the first time she had ever seen Miss J compete. Grandma herself has always been a very competitive lady. She was a competitive curler, bowler and a card shark. Although she has been out of the sport of curling for quite some years, at 83 she still bowls league and plays cards any chance she gets.

Like my grandmother, I too have a competitive spirit. Like mother, like daughter (and apparently like grandmother, like granddaughter) Miss J embodies that spirit as well. She becomes a different person while competing; strong, focused, and graceful. I love watching her, even though it elicits more stress than I have ever experienced before!

Miss J came into the season with a bang winning 1st place all around in her age group and surprising all of us with her performance. In fact, all of the RRVG girls did a great job. They took 2nd place in the team portion of the competition.















Windthicket Fables  – (January 18, 2010 at 9:19 PM)  

wow! that's amazing! Good for Miss J!

Following from blogfrog!

Sonora  – (January 19, 2010 at 10:24 AM)  

That is really impressive! I think gymnasts are amazing. They have to be strong and pretty fearless. Good for her! I love your pictures too.

S.I.F.  – (January 20, 2010 at 1:49 AM)  

I just wanted to say that your kind words had me in tears today... I often find myself wondering why some women have to struggle so hard for something that comes so effortlessly to others. Your little one is beautiful; I truly hope I can get as lucky!

drea  – (January 20, 2010 at 12:07 PM)  

Impressive! Great job Miss J.

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Shush by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP