Year in Review
Happy New Year! As we say goodbye to 2009 and prepare to welcome a new decade, I thought I'd reminisce the best way I know how....through photos.
1. January: Miss J competes in and wins first gymnastics meet.
2. February: Miss J turns 8 and competes on her birthday at TNT Gymnastics. Gym Dad celebrates a birthday. Miss J competes in Kim Lupo Memorial Gymnastics Meet in Minot and places first.
3. March: Miss J competes at American Gold Gymnastics and at home meet at Red River Valley Gymnastics.
4. April: Miss J competes in ND Gymnastics Association State Meet and wins the all around gold.
5. May: Lake season officially begins with unseasonably cold temperatures.
6. June: Summer's arrival fails to spur warmer weather, however any weekend is a good weekend at the lake.
7. July: Miss J learns to drive four wheeler and time is spent in the woods on the family hunting grounds.
8. August: Sister K and I process endless pints of salsa, tomatoes and green beans. Two dear friends, Chad and Val, marry in Devils Lake and we enjoy a weekend of camping and fishing. Miss J begins third grade.
9. September: Sister K, Brother J, Gym Dad and I vacation in Las Vegas.
10. October: I have reconstructive knee surgery. Our new godson, Carter Jay Yonke, is born to best friends Kari and Jason.
11. November: Hunting season opens and despite being at a disadvantage with a bum knee, I bag a 11 point buck. I celebrate another birthday. Thanksgiving is celebrated at our house.
12. December: Many hours are spent shopping, decorating and cooking, readying for Christmas. Despite the first blizzard of the winter dumping over 25 inches of snow on our city, our Christmas celebration goes on as planned.
It is a little surreal that we are about to put 2009 to rest. Without warning it has come to an end. I wish you and yours health and happiness in the new year! Welcome 2010!